A large contingent of Just Rhythm dancers from a range of divisions and age groups made their way across to Tasmania to compete in one of our favourite events of the Dancesport calendar - the Tasmanian Dancesport Championships. Event director Andrew Palmer puts on an amazing event each year and this year was no different. The championships started for many dancers on the Wednesday with workshops and lessons from Brian Watson and Hans Galke.
Congratulations to all the dancers that attended;
- Nathan Xerub & Lane Findlay (Finalist Adult B Grade Latin,
- Luke Zappelli & Lindsay Gillard (Finalist Adult C Grade Latin, Finalist Adult C Grade New Vogue, 3rd Adult C Grade Standard)
- Benjamin Hosken & Maria Martella (2nd Adult C Grade New Vogue, Finalist C Grade Standard)
- Neville Parry & Deanna Santocono (Finalist Adult Open Latin)
- John Astachiw & Doreen Farrugia (Finalist Masters II C Grade New Vogue)
- Sean Heiford & Sharron Weight (1st Masters I Open Latin)
- Nigel Kukulka & Margaret Kukulka (2nd Masters II Open Latin)
- Victor Fejes & Christine Fejes (Finalist Masters III Open Latin)
- Justin Rafol & Renee Haggar (1st Teacher/Student Juvenile 3 Dance New Vogue, 1st Teacher/Student Juvenile 3 Dance Standard, 2nd Teacher/Student Adult/U21 3 Dance Standard, 1st Teacher/Student Junior/Juvenile 3 Dance Latin, 2nd Teacher/Student Adult/U21 5 Dance New Vogue, 1st Teacher/Student Under 21 5 Dance Latin)
- Elise Churcher & Daniel Maloney (2nd Teacher/Student Juvenile 3 Dance New Vogue, 2nd Teacher/Student Juvenile 3 Dance Standard,
- Maria Martella & Daniel Maloney (3rd Teacher/Student Adult/U21 5 Dance New Vogue)
- Jayne Burgess & Daniel Maloney (1st Teacher/Student Recreation Masters I Standard, 2nd Teacher/Student Recreation Masters 1 New Vogue)
Keep an eye on the website for next years event https://www.tasopen.org/.